Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/unbecoming conduct in an academy

Question
My brother recently got cited for unbecoming conduct. He was out drinking, realized he drank too much and got angry at himself for putting himself in that situation. He slammed his fists on the table and broke both his hands. He was taken to the clinic and was cited there for unbecoming conduct. No one was hurt but him. He didn't drive. Just hurt himself.

My question is what's the likelihood of getting kicked out? The only thing that I could find was that it is decided by a court marshal. With the different branches trying to cut down on officers, they said that there is a no tolerance policy in place. He has good grades in a hard degree that is valued with relatively few students. He was hoping to go to flight school after this year (his senior). We'll have him here for the Christmas break and he'll have his punishment handed down next semester.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer
Samantha,
I'm sorry to hear about his predicament.  Having worked at the Academy I can tell you that they are very strict.  They'll consider not just what he did but why he did it.  They'll view him as somebody who cannot control his temper and may be a danger to others the next time.  Unfortunately for him, they'll probably decide to expel him.
Colonel H.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

MARK A. HOWELL