Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Air Force Reserve

Question
I've always wanted to join the Air Force Reserve however, the two times I've spoken with a recruiter they have tried to convince me to go enlisted even though I have an undergrad degree in Accounting.  I'm also currently pursuing a Masters in Business Administration from Cornell University.

Is there a reason why I can't be a commissioned officer?  And if I can be a commissioned officer, what is the best approach to achieve that?  I currently reside in San Diego, Ca.

Any advise/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Jas

Answer
Jas,
You need to talk to an officer recruiter, not just a regular recruiter.  You're overqualified to be enlisted so of course a regular recruiter will want you to join enlisted.  He knows he'll have no trouble getting you in and that means bonus $ to him.

DO NOT go enlisted!  You'll regret it.  An officer recruiter will send you to OTS in Alabama to learn how to march, salute, and general military stuff for 3 months and you'll graduate a Second Lieutenant and be ready for your job.  Then they'll send you to school somewhere for a few months to learn how to do your job.

Call your recruiter and ask who recruits officers in your area or go online and ask at
http://www.airforce.com/contact-us/recruiter-locator/.

See you on base,
Colonel H

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

MARK A. HOWELL