Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Enlistment

Hello mam, I have a question about my tree nut allergy. I was recently at meps and was DQ for my allergy and was told to get a waiver. It is not life threatining at all, but I do have a eppypen just in case. Do you think my waiver will be passed and should be able to enlist?

Hi James.

Nobody can really give you a good guess because it's on a case by case basis and it really just depends, but in my experience with allergies, if you have an EpiPen, that's not looking too good then. But if it isn't life threatening, it's anyone's guess. I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but it really just depends. Now it's time to "hurry up and wait" and see what happens.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

I can answer any type of questions regarding the military, but more specifically, Marines, Army, and Navy. The Air Force and Coast Guard are subjects I can answer questions about, but my knowledge is rather limited in those fields. I can answer questions regarding history of, rank, structure, etc. I can also answer questions regarding any of the service academies (West Point, Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy, specifically), and Naval ROTC, Naval ROTC-Marine Option, and Army ROTC.

Much research regarding the military, and personal experiences with military. Talking to those in their respective branches has made me even more knowledgeable in the field of military for the branches I didn`t know much about before. Many interviews for research papers and such as well.

Current student.