Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/How to Join?

Good Day to you Sir. I would like to ask how to join the Army. I'm 19 years of age. First of all Sir I have a great desire of serving the US Army but one thing that's hindering me is that I'm not a US citizen. I'm a Filipino and living here in the Philippines. I've done some research and I found out that I must be a citizen of United States and I must have a green card. Then I researched about having a green card. It is stated that a person must be living in the US for at least 2 years in order
to have one. That means I must be in the US before applying for a green card. Knowing all of that I checked how to apply for immigration to US. Then I saw that there are 2 ways that are applicable to me--either apply a job in US or be petitioned by a family member. Sir, my auntie is in Hawaii and I thought that maybe she can help me get to US. I read the preferences about the petition by a family member and to my surprise there are no provisions for petitioning nephews or nieces. I thought of
applying for a student or tourist visa then if I get to US I will enlist in the Army, but I decided not to because according to my research student or tourist visa are not good enough and it won't be honored by the Army. If I want to join the Army as a non-US citizen I must be currently living permanently and legally in America.

I come to you now Sir to ask if there are any special recruitment or admission processes the US Army have for those people with the same cases like me. I'll be waiting for your reply Sir. Thank you so much!

As a result of the enactment of the Citizenship Retention and Re-Acquisition Act of 2003 (Republic Act No. 9225), Filipino Americans natives of the Phillipines are automatically considered U.S. citizens and became eligible for dual citizenship in both the United States and the Philippines.  This means you may already be a U.S, citizen.  Check with your recruiter to makec sure.  My NCO in administration is a native of the Phillipines and a U.S. citizen and did nothing special to join the Air Force.
See a recruiter today.
Col H.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

All military questions, any Service. 30 years experience & two Ph.D.'s. 4 times Base Commander. Worked with Army, Navy, USMC, USCG and several foreign military units. Veteran of Kosovo, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, and 10 civil wars in Africa.

Air Force Colonel with 30 years experience. Air Force Base Commander 4 times. Highly decorated.

Org of Am Historians, Wild West History Assoc., Disabled American Veterans - Life Member, Am Motorcyclist Assoc. - Life Member, North Am Hunt Club - Life Member, NWTF - Life Member

Numerous book reviews published in the Journal of American History. Two books submitted for publication. Co-Author of two more. Eisenhower memorial Library (interview with U.S. Presidential chaffeur

Ph.D. in military history, Columbus University (Summa Cum Laude) Ph.D. in history, London, England (Summa Cum Laude) Master of Arts degree in history, Marshall University, WV Bachelors degree, double-major in history and mathematics, Salem College, WV Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL

Legion of Merit, Defense MSM, 5 Meritous Service Medals,Joint Commendation Medal AF Commendation Medal Army Commendation Joint Achievement Medal AF Achievement Medal Outstanding Volunteer Medal Total of 33 Medals and 43 Ribbons