Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Joining Air Force with Knee Replacement

Hello I am a 23 year old female currently about to undergo a knee replacement in my left knee. I've had 4 surgeries where the first I was in a car accident and the impact twisted my knee and shortly after surgery i slipped and fell in a store and re twisted my meniscus. the other two were to remove scar tissue. Its gotten to the point where I just want to replace it. I've heard that its possible to get in with a replacement if my job is non-combative. is that true? Could you shed some light on the topic? Thank You.

Hi Tierra.

Especially with your previous issues with your knee, that will be a DQ. As far as getting a waiver, I can't say for sure, only the MEPS doctors can make that call, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it, but don't take my word.

"I've heard that its possible to get in with a replacement if my job is non-combative. is that true?"

Yes and no. Some combat jobs won't waive things that lesser physical ones will (colorblindness, etc.), but you still have to meet the basic standards, and if it could interfere with your job, it will be an issue.

Talk to a recruiter to be sure, and definitely try to get in if you can, my word is not THE word.  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

I can answer any type of questions regarding the military, but more specifically, Marines, Army, and Navy. The Air Force and Coast Guard are subjects I can answer questions about, but my knowledge is rather limited in those fields. I can answer questions regarding history of, rank, structure, etc. I can also answer questions regarding any of the service academies (West Point, Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy, specifically), and Naval ROTC, Naval ROTC-Marine Option, and Army ROTC.

Much research regarding the military, and personal experiences with military. Talking to those in their respective branches has made me even more knowledgeable in the field of military for the branches I didn`t know much about before. Many interviews for research papers and such as well.

Current student.