Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Can I report a military personnel for disrespecting...

Question
Neoracism on the web
Neoracism on the web  
I was scrolling through pictures on a website and on a marines profile when I see a picture they posted with two hideous monkeys that they labeled as the Obamas. This really bothers me to know that the people our country depends on for protection will not honor their own Commander in Chief because of their own opinions. The adults we have as the face of our country are allowed to share idiotic posts like that and show they lack respect for our president and his position and most importantly OUR COUNTRY. They play a tremendously important role in how America is perceived in other countries and if they can't keep disrespectful thoughts and images off their own feed, who is to say that doesn't show through the many other actions they take.

What does it take for them to call the people they so call protect derogatory terms and post unnecessary photos of it on their pages? This goes for all races, shapes, and sizes. If they can't fin the decency  or self control to respect the man in charge why the heck would I think they respect or care about us?!?

That one person now makes the Marines as a whole look bad. Which in turn makes our military look weak, along with our entire country.

I am wondering if things can be done to military personnel who do disrespect, or violate our country via the Internet just because its funny or what the believe? This case is not severe and I know what goes on the Internet can't be closely regulated, but are those from my generation entering the military being encouraged not to do so? Like signing a waiver of some sort?
I can see this becoming an issue America will deal with in the future if they aren't doing so now.

Thanks,
Taylor

P.s. I know the poster is in the marines because they went to bootcamp with a friend of mine and post a boat load of self taken picture in their uniform.

Answer
It's called 'Freedom of speech'.  Just that simple.   As long as it's not threatening, it's protected by the First Amendment.

Remember that that Marine is putting his life on the line to do the very thing you may not like.  

You don't sign a waiver to eliminate your own, or someone elses, Constitutional rights just because you enter the military.   (Certain things you give up, yes, but the basic ones still exist even though you serve).  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Jason Grabill