Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Sclerosis

Question
Can I get into the air force with Sclerosis? I just found out I had it and the condition is probably at the beginning stage but with assistant it could be terminated.

Answer
Hi Aneke.

It is possible. Per AR 40-501:

c. Current deviation or curvature of spine (737) from normal alignment, structure, or function does not meet the
standard if:
(1) It prevents the individual from following a physically active vocation in civilian life.
(2) It interferes with the proper wearing of a uniform or military equipment.
(3) It is symptomatic.
(4) There is lumbar scoliosis greater than 20 degrees, thoracic scoliosis greater than 30 degrees, or kyphosis and
lordosis greater than 55 degrees when measured by the Cobb method.

So it is possible to enter the military if you meet the requirements.  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Emma