Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/shoulder surgery

Question
Hey john

I recently talked too an air national guard recruitor about joining. Ive had two shoulder surgerys because my first surgery didnt fix it but its perfectly fine now. My recruitor sent MEPS my surgery reports and they told me i was disqualified because ive had two surgerys. Is there any way i can still join?

Thanks

Answer
Just because meps disqualifies you, that does not mean that you can't get a waiver.  Ask your recruiter about that option.

The worse that can happen is that they say no, it all depends on what was wrong with your shoulder before and what type of surgery was performed.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L