Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Question about enlisting in the Air Force ?

Hello James, how  are you doing ? My name is Chris, I am a 30 m here
My question is how old is too old, before the Air Force will not accept you ? And with me being a male, what is the
Weight requirement for guys ? And what percent would you say, you still see people enlisting in there late 20's and early 30's ?? Thank you so much !!! Have a great day.

Chris -

According to the Air Forc's official website (, the window for enlistment eligibility is 17 to 27.  However, on the website you can also chat with a recruiter live.  They will have the most accurate and up to date information for you.  They would be able to tell you if there are any waivers or exceptions to the age limit.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

James Bell

I am a retired MSgt (2004) with 24 years experience in the aircrew career field, both as a loadmaster (AFSC 1A2x1) and flight engineer (AFSC 1A1x1). I have been to every continent at one time or another, and regularly flew 300 to 500 hours a year. I have been involved in the operations in Grenada, Panama, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq. I can answer most questions you may have about enlisted Air Force life in general, assignments, benefits, and enlisted aircrew operations. NOTE: If you have specific recruiting and/or medical questions about how to get into this career field as a civilian, they have changed since my time, so that is best answered by a recruiter or MEPS. I can answer questions about military personnel wanting to RETRAIN. If you are asking about being an Air Force pilot, please be advised my area of expertise is ENLISTED aircrew operations, NOT OFFICERS.

Loadmaster (AFSC 1A2x1): 7 years - 2,000 hours - C-5A Galaxy cargo plane. Flight Engineer (AFSC 1A1x1C): 7 years - 2,500 hours - C-141B Starlifter cargo plane, 10 years - 3,800 hours - KC-10A Extender aerial tanker. Served as aircrew Flight Instructor, Flight Evaluator and Training Manager

Aircraft Loadmaster Initial Qualification - 1980. Mission Qualification (C-5A) - 1981. Fixed Wing Aircraft Performance Course - 1987. Initial Flight Engineer Qualification (C-141B) - 1987. Mission Qualification (KC-10A) - 1988. KC-10 Initial Qualification Course - 1994. Mission Qualification (KC-10A) - 1995. Instructor Qualficiation (KC-10A) - 1997. Evaluator Qualification (KC-10A) - 2000.