Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/I have a MAJOR concern.

Hi, my name is Justin, I have been wanting to join the U.S. Army or the Marines for some time now. and now that I am graduated and out of school, I have talked to a recruiter for the U.S. Army. He gave me the packets and stuff but I havent really read them. But one of my concerns is him saying, "no trouble from now and until your out." Couple months went by and I had gotten a Class A Misdemeanor for Illegal Consumption of Alcohol by a minor. And although the fines and stuff has been paid off, I still have a few months of Court Supervision to go through yet. But I was wondering is that would eliminate me from even being able to join or sign on with ANY branch of the service?

First, you need to really LOOK at the paperwork you were given, instead of just winging it for the moment.  It will give you lots of good information and help you make an informed decision.

Next, obviously, you need to stop doing dumb/illegal stuff LOL.    In the long run, this charge isn't much to get excited about, but you won't be able to enlist until you get off the Court Supervision, which I assume is much like probation or parole.   Once you are done with that, then go back and see the recruiter, they'll sign you up at that point.   Oh, don't lie about the charge, tell them the deal, it's not that big of an issue at the moment...unless of course you get another one, or do something else dumb.  Then, yeah, you'll have a problem.

Best of luck&  keep your nose clean!  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Jason Grabill

Questions relating to US Marine Corps; rank, awards, uniforms, career choices. I can also help people spot and expose fakes (people pretending to be Marines or have awards they didn`t earn). Considering the Marines as a career? Or another branch, like the Air National Guard? Drop me a line. HOWever..know that I am NOT a recruiter. I can offer my expert opinion and advice, but can't (and won't) over rule what a recruiter says, they are the 'on duty' expert.

Infantry Rifleman, MOS 0311: 3 years. Marine Barracks Security (Marine Barracks, Annapolis, Maryland(not Embassy Duty): 3 years. Parachutist: MOS 9962: Got my wings in August of 1984. Intelligence Specialist: MOS 0231 10 years working as an Intelligence Analyst with a Fixed Wing Fighter Squadron, Force Service Support Group, and at Headquarters, Marine Corps. Field Radio Operator: MOS 2531. Served as a Platoon Sergeant in a Communications Platoon assigned to MEU Service Support Group 24 (Special Operations Capable). Did a hitch in the Army reserves as an 11B (Infantryman), 3 years. Finished out my career in the Air National Guard as a BioEnvironmental Engineer MOS 4B3X1, did that for a few years. I"ve been collecting and selling Marine Corps and other military uniforms, medals, and field gear since I was 8 years old.

United States Marine Corps Logistical Company.

I was an Editorial writer for Marine Corps Times from 1998-2000.

Extensive library of research materials relating to uniforms, medals, and equipment of the military and the Marine Corps. 22 College credits, Community College of the Air Force. Certified Historical Interpreter.

Kosovo Campaign Medal w/1 star Sea Service Deployment Ribbon with 4 stars. Numerous other unit awards. I was on duty on 9/11 at HQMC, near the Pentagon, and responded to that location to try and lend a hand if needed...

United States Marine Corps Historical Company, Guardian Security and Investigations, lead Investigator for 'Stolen Valor' cases.