Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Air national guard/ anxiety problem

Question
I am very interested in joining the air national guard, but I do believe I might have an anxiety problem. I want to get treated but I have heard that it effects you getting into the military. So my main question is, if I go to basic training and schooling would they allow me to get treated after and stay in the air guard if I was diagnosed with anxiety.

Answer
If you haven't been diagnosed or treated, I think you are making leaps of assumption.   If you have a medical condition or issue you need to get treated or looked at, your health comes before any other considerations.  So either get treated (if you are having issues) or make the attempt to enlist.

But everyone has 'anxiety', the question is (and I'm not a doc) does it affect your day to day life to the extent you are a shut in or something?  I assume not.  

If not it shouldn't be an issue.  If you are interested, go talk to a recruiter and get the process started.   

Bottom line is you are 'azz-uming' problems where none exist at the moment (no diagnosis, no treatment, etc).  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Jason Grabill