Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Languages in the navy

Question
I am very interested in learning more languages as part of my military career. i was told by a recruiter that the only mos i could go for would be cti, which is enlisted. i have gone to college and was told by multiple people that enlisting would be a waste of my time. is there any officer's billet that i could get that involves languages and learning more of them?

Answer
Hi Franziska,

There are nothing that will guarantee you will learn another language, but you might be interested in Information Warfare officer. Be aware that officers are the managers and leaders of enlisted, and the enlisted sailors will be mostly doing the interpreting...if you really wish to learn another language, I suggest enlisting.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Emma