Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Shoes

Question
I am about to leave for Army Basic Training, my shoe size is very small and I want to bring my running shoes that I just bought with me. However, I am not sure if I am allowed to bring Merrell's Pace Glove, which are shoes that I have been running in since they have came out and I even ran cross country and track in them. Would these shoes be okay to bring to basic?

Answer
Hi Alyssa,

Everyone will be required to buy shoes at BCT, no way around that, and it's up to your Drill Sergeants as to whether or not they will allow you to run in your own shoes or not. In my opinion, I'd just buy them there and not bring them with you, one less thing to worry about.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Emma