Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/National Guard Medical Disqualifications

Hello sir, I plan to join the military in 3 years after I graduate high school. My career choices I'd like are either join the Air Force, or the Army National Guard. I read online about medical disqualifications for the Air Force, and they included blood vessel abnormalities. Would this also apply to the Army National Guard? I am asking because I am currently being tested for a blood vessel 'abnormality', and am wondering if I would be disqualified by either branch. Whatever I have though, doesn't cause me pain or make things harder for me to do. Oh, could you answer in some depth please? Thank you.

All the branches of service have the same medical requirements for joining.  Blood vessels abnormalities is a little broad, so it may be a waivable condition, but depends on exactly the issues and symptoms.

Unless your Doctor says it is really bad, try to join anyways.  let them tell you you cannot join.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L

I am a National Guard Recruiting NCOIC, been doing recruiting jobs for the military for over 12 years and am a subject matter expert on qualifications for National Guard and Army ( as we use the same regulation) and I keep up to date on other services regulations as well. In my job, I process questionable applicants and determine eligibility, I process waivers of all types and know the regulations inside and out. I will not sugar coat my answers to you. They are usually short and to the point. If you need more in depth, ask me. Because each situation is different, alot of times you need to actually talk to a recruiter and let them evaluate your situation in person, by looking at your documents, issues etc. If I suggest this, it would be in your best interest to do so. Finally...thank you for your interest in serving this great nation of ours. Very few people can actually make the cut to serve let alone choose to do so. So thank you for wanting to and hopefully you will get a chance. Whatever branch you choose, thank you and good luck.

18 years Guard experience, combat missions and homeland missions. 12 years recruiting. I have been a platoon sergeant and squad leader. Mentor to new recruiters and recruits.

Recruiters course and advanced courses in recruiting