Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/PTI

I was reading  what someone was asking about PTI MY daughter wishes to join the AF . She made a dumb mistake and shop lifted, Since this was her ever first trouble she is going through the PTI, She was told everything will be erased as long as she finishes everything she required. What my question is after she finishes this will she still be able to join or wait? She just finished High School .

Thank you

Hi Teresa,

The military sees all charges as they were, even if an intervention type program is completed. Even if something is erased, or expunged, the military still sees it and it makes no difference to them. Shoplifting, maybe just a "dumb mistake" in your and her eyes, is a crime as you know, and the military takes criminal acts very seriously. She will need a waiver to enter the military, and right now, few waivers are being granted due to the large number of people wishing to enter the military. That said, I think the best advice I can give you is for you and your daughter to go down and talk to your local Air Force recruiter, as s/he will be able to provide the best answer for you.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

I can answer any type of questions regarding the military, but more specifically, Marines, Army, and Navy. The Air Force and Coast Guard are subjects I can answer questions about, but my knowledge is rather limited in those fields. I can answer questions regarding history of, rank, structure, etc. I can also answer questions regarding any of the service academies (West Point, Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy, specifically), and Naval ROTC, Naval ROTC-Marine Option, and Army ROTC.

Much research regarding the military, and personal experiences with military. Talking to those in their respective branches has made me even more knowledgeable in the field of military for the branches I didn`t know much about before. Many interviews for research papers and such as well.

Current student.