Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/army concerning

I'm a 17 year old female that signed up for the army and was thinking about the asvab I suck at math and surprised I passed my math test in high-school.But I want to know was the asvab hard and how to make studying a little easier?I exercise like push ups and sit ups and try running 2 miles with my dog but only get at least to 1 mile then my body gets sore and hurts for days how to exercise with so much pain after?

Alas, nowadays high school doesn't do a very good job of preparing you for 'real world' testing such as the ASVAB.   I'd highly suggest getting an ASVAB study guide (available at libraries, your local bookstore, or online....and it doesn't matter who published them, they are all pretty much the same).   Think of it as investing in your future.  

"Working out" is far different for civilians than it is for military.   You have to work up to certain levels, and NO one expects you to be a PT stud the day you get to boot camp.  The DI's will work with EVERYone to make them better.   Pain is just part of the process.  Make sure you are properly hydrating before and after, and that means just good old water, nothing else.  
 Hope that helps!  Best of luck!

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Jason Grabill

Questions relating to US Marine Corps; rank, awards, uniforms, career choices. I can also help people spot and expose fakes (people pretending to be Marines or have awards they didn`t earn). Considering the Marines as a career? Or another branch, like the Air National Guard? Drop me a line. HOWever..know that I am NOT a recruiter. I can offer my expert opinion and advice, but can't (and won't) over rule what a recruiter says, they are the 'on duty' expert.

Infantry Rifleman, MOS 0311: 3 years. Marine Barracks Security (Marine Barracks, Annapolis, Maryland(not Embassy Duty): 3 years. Parachutist: MOS 9962: Got my wings in August of 1984. Intelligence Specialist: MOS 0231 10 years working as an Intelligence Analyst with a Fixed Wing Fighter Squadron, Force Service Support Group, and at Headquarters, Marine Corps. Field Radio Operator: MOS 2531. Served as a Platoon Sergeant in a Communications Platoon assigned to MEU Service Support Group 24 (Special Operations Capable). Did a hitch in the Army reserves as an 11B (Infantryman), 3 years. Finished out my career in the Air National Guard as a BioEnvironmental Engineer MOS 4B3X1, did that for a few years. I"ve been collecting and selling Marine Corps and other military uniforms, medals, and field gear since I was 8 years old.

United States Marine Corps Logistical Company.

I was an Editorial writer for Marine Corps Times from 1998-2000.

Extensive library of research materials relating to uniforms, medals, and equipment of the military and the Marine Corps. 22 College credits, Community College of the Air Force. Certified Historical Interpreter.

Kosovo Campaign Medal w/1 star Sea Service Deployment Ribbon with 4 stars. Numerous other unit awards. I was on duty on 9/11 at HQMC, near the Pentagon, and responded to that location to try and lend a hand if needed...

United States Marine Corps Historical Company, Guardian Security and Investigations, lead Investigator for 'Stolen Valor' cases.