Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Speeding ticket and ts security clearance

Question
Im literally freakin out at this point. Ive already sworn in at meps. 2 days before i went to meps i got a speeding ticket for a 72 in 55. and my recruiter told me that it wasnt a problem beause they are trying to get people on drug charges and dui's and what not. i wish i didnt lie. but the fact remains i did. So now i have this interview for my TS and im terrified that they are going to find it. i havnt gone to court for my ticket yet so i dont think itll be in the system. but im just not sure what to do. i feel like i should just fes up and say i go the ticket. but my recruiter said that if it comes up in the interview to say that i got the ticket after meps and it will just be over looked. but im just terrified. Any real knowledgable help would be immensely appreciative!

Answer
Matt,
Quit worrying about it.  I had literally hundreds of speeding tickets when I first joined and I have one of the highest clearance levels you can get.  Just be honest about it and you'll see it doesn't amount to much.  A speeding ticket is called a minor offense.  Only major offenses are harmful.  Your recruiter is correct, it'll be overlooked unless you try to lie about it and get caught.
Colonel H

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

MARK A. HOWELL