Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/usaf commissioned nurse

Question
Good day,

I am a RN with a bachelors degree. I have always wanted to join the military, have many veteran family members. I graduated with BSN in 2011 gpa 3.8, have 15 months ER experience and I am interested in becoming a commissioned officer in the airforce or Navy. However when I was 15 I was young and dumb and had an encounter with the a law enforcement officer due to pety theft in which my parents were called and I was sent home with them scared out of my mind. Afterwards I had appointments with a counselor in which if I recall correctly I was to keep up my grades in school for 1 year report back to her and the juvenile conviction would not be processed. Well I did what I had to do the juvenile situation has never haunted me I state no to any convictions, however I know military can see anything and everything. Well I went on to college, got a 3.8 GPA for my bachelors degree and never had any contact with law enforcement since other than 2 speeding tickets when I was 16 and learning how to drive that were taken care of.

I would love to be part of the airforce or navy.
Please any advice would ease my mind, should I stop dead in my tracks and not even consider military commissioned officer, or what I have stated is okay with them to an extent. I am 23 now, this offence happened over 8 yrs ago as a juvenile.

Answer
The juvenile petty larceny is not a big deal.  However, trying to get in as a nurse is really hard.  The military rarely needs nurses anymore as most are civilians that work in hospitals, and it is very competitive for the few a year that they do need.

Also, the military would have no idea about your juvenile charge unless you told them, we still have to abide by laws.  We cannot look at medical stuff without your consent, nor would we know where to look.  How many clinics etc are out there?  

You should visit the web sites and start your research and  medical recruiter will ocntact you at some point.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L