Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/oportunities.

This will be lengthy so please bear with me.
I am going into my senior year in High school, and I'm not sure this is to early to think about these things, but, right now, I plan on going to college and going through PLC to earn a commission once college is over, what do you suggest? the 2 6 week program were one is your first summer in college, and the second is your last summer of college. leading off from that point, if I get a pilot slot, could I be a marsoc pilot? also if I don't get to marsoc, is there any way I as an officer at the end of my term of service, transfer over to be a pilot in the coast guard, or just transfer over generally? thanks so much.

Go to college and work on your PLC.  But don't get your hopes up for one particular thing, just take it as it comes along and see what happens.  That is all you can do.  There are far too many variables at stake to be career planning at your stage of the game, esp. into things like 'MarSoc Pilot', which doesn't exist.   Officers, by the way, do NOT get to choose what field they go into, it is based first on 'Needs of the Corps' and then on such things as Class standing (In TBS) and Grade point average...but always, ALWAYS 'needs of the Corps'.    Any transfer information I give you at this point would likely be outdated by the time you reach that point..but, generally until you actually commit to a service, you can take a commission in ANY service.  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Jason Grabill

Questions relating to US Marine Corps; rank, awards, uniforms, career choices. I can also help people spot and expose fakes (people pretending to be Marines or have awards they didn`t earn). Considering the Marines as a career? Or another branch, like the Air National Guard? Drop me a line. HOWever..know that I am NOT a recruiter. I can offer my expert opinion and advice, but can't (and won't) over rule what a recruiter says, they are the 'on duty' expert.

Infantry Rifleman, MOS 0311: 3 years. Marine Barracks Security (Marine Barracks, Annapolis, Maryland(not Embassy Duty): 3 years. Parachutist: MOS 9962: Got my wings in August of 1984. Intelligence Specialist: MOS 0231 10 years working as an Intelligence Analyst with a Fixed Wing Fighter Squadron, Force Service Support Group, and at Headquarters, Marine Corps. Field Radio Operator: MOS 2531. Served as a Platoon Sergeant in a Communications Platoon assigned to MEU Service Support Group 24 (Special Operations Capable). Did a hitch in the Army reserves as an 11B (Infantryman), 3 years. Finished out my career in the Air National Guard as a BioEnvironmental Engineer MOS 4B3X1, did that for a few years. I"ve been collecting and selling Marine Corps and other military uniforms, medals, and field gear since I was 8 years old.

United States Marine Corps Logistical Company.

I was an Editorial writer for Marine Corps Times from 1998-2000.

Extensive library of research materials relating to uniforms, medals, and equipment of the military and the Marine Corps. 22 College credits, Community College of the Air Force. Certified Historical Interpreter.

Kosovo Campaign Medal w/1 star Sea Service Deployment Ribbon with 4 stars. Numerous other unit awards. I was on duty on 9/11 at HQMC, near the Pentagon, and responded to that location to try and lend a hand if needed...

United States Marine Corps Historical Company, Guardian Security and Investigations, lead Investigator for 'Stolen Valor' cases.