Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/shoulder surgery

Question
My son in law is currently at Ft Jackson and is still in reception.  He had shoulder surgery back in high school to fix a tear, completely healed. He is now 23 years old. He passed MEPS AND they failed to mention or get a waiver and know he was told he is disqualified and will be coming home..is there anything he can do or can he join another time after getting the proper paperwork?

Answer
Doesn't make sense.  If he passed meps, he wouldn't have needed a waiver.  If he did not mention the surgery, then it is an issue.

He may have had issues during training and so he failed to meet the medical standards even though he passed meps.

Pretty much, nothing can really be done, and it will be hard for him to get in again if he dropped out due to the previous injury if it bothered him in training.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L