Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Texas Marines.

Hello sir, I believe we spoke a few times before, if not I do apologize.

I was interested in joining the Marines awhile back, but a few things kept me from being able to get my life focused on that track. But, with 2014 here, I feel that I am finally ready in my life to join the Marines. However, there is a thing or two I have on my mind, now it may sound silly, but to me this means a lot to me. Anyhow, here it is; I'm a proud Texan, I love my state and I've always wanted to serve in the military branch that has a Texas unit. For example, the TNARG has the 36th Infantry. AKA the "T-patchers", "Arrowheads", etc.

For the Marines, I know of the 1st Battalion, 23rd Marines which is known as the "Lone Star Battalion". But is there any other Texas-related units as the ones I listed? I've looked many times, but all I get are pretty much ads for some Marine wildlife preserve in Texas, not the USMC. I know the "Lone Star Battalion" is a reserve unit, and I'd have no issue with that as I was planning to enlist in the National Guard over Army as it was, but something about the Marines just holds my interest to it.

Again, sorry if it's a silly question sir, but I'd love nothing more than to serve in a Marine unit that is Texas based!

Nope, I don't think its silly.   

Alas, though, you are right.  The only 'Texas' USMC units are reserve outfits.  The link I enclosed is for all 50 states but Texas has a big representation.

Next step...talking to your local recruiter!   Good luck.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Jason Grabill

Questions relating to US Marine Corps; rank, awards, uniforms, career choices. I can also help people spot and expose fakes (people pretending to be Marines or have awards they didn`t earn). Considering the Marines as a career? Or another branch, like the Air National Guard? Drop me a line. HOWever..know that I am NOT a recruiter. I can offer my expert opinion and advice, but can't (and won't) over rule what a recruiter says, they are the 'on duty' expert.

Infantry Rifleman, MOS 0311: 3 years. Marine Barracks Security (Marine Barracks, Annapolis, Maryland(not Embassy Duty): 3 years. Parachutist: MOS 9962: Got my wings in August of 1984. Intelligence Specialist: MOS 0231 10 years working as an Intelligence Analyst with a Fixed Wing Fighter Squadron, Force Service Support Group, and at Headquarters, Marine Corps. Field Radio Operator: MOS 2531. Served as a Platoon Sergeant in a Communications Platoon assigned to MEU Service Support Group 24 (Special Operations Capable). Did a hitch in the Army reserves as an 11B (Infantryman), 3 years. Finished out my career in the Air National Guard as a BioEnvironmental Engineer MOS 4B3X1, did that for a few years. I"ve been collecting and selling Marine Corps and other military uniforms, medals, and field gear since I was 8 years old.

United States Marine Corps Logistical Company.

I was an Editorial writer for Marine Corps Times from 1998-2000.

Extensive library of research materials relating to uniforms, medals, and equipment of the military and the Marine Corps. 22 College credits, Community College of the Air Force. Certified Historical Interpreter.

Kosovo Campaign Medal w/1 star Sea Service Deployment Ribbon with 4 stars. Numerous other unit awards. I was on duty on 9/11 at HQMC, near the Pentagon, and responded to that location to try and lend a hand if needed...

United States Marine Corps Historical Company, Guardian Security and Investigations, lead Investigator for 'Stolen Valor' cases.