Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Embalmer jobs in the military

I am a licensed Embalmer/ Funeral Director with 16 years experience in the field as well as 4 years of volunteer experience in the Coroners Office. Through the years, I have excelled in the area of restorative art and reconstruction. I have worked in high volume firms and cared for the majority of military families. I have always been curious about the need for embalmers in the military.. given the fact that restorative art and reconstruction are vital so the families can have closure and they deserve a chance to see their loved ones. Is there such a position with in the military, and if so, how would one go about applying?

Thank You

The is out of my field of expertise.  From what I know Mortuary Affairs are managed by the Air Force in Dover AFB as well as the Army in Germany and Korea.  There is Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command in Hawaii with a number of detachments in southeast asia and europe.  One place you should look is USA jobs for civilian positions in the field.  I am not sure how the Army and the Air Force recruit mortuary affairs officers perhaps contacting the Mortuary Affairs Unit at Dover AFB could get you more information.

LCDR John M. Fiorentine USCG

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John Fiorentine

Active Duty Coast Guard Lieutenant Commander. My specialties are opertations afloat and operations ashore; three afloat tours and three ashore tour under my belt including command afloat and navy exchange. My staff assignments have been with Officer Personnel Management as a Career Counselor, White House Military Office as a Social Aide, and at the Office of Law Enforcement within CG Headquarters as a program analyst. I can answer questions related to the Coast Guard, the assignment process, officer specialties, OCONUS duty, afloat and ashore operations. I can also answer questions related to the White House Social Aide Program.

WMEC Deck Watch Officer Portsmouth VA; DD Combat Info Center Officer Yokosuka Japan (Navy Exchange); WPB Commanding Officer San Juan PR; Enforcement Div Sector San Juan PR; Career Counselor (OPM-4); Law Enforcement Program Analyst (CG-MLE); Command Center Chief Sector San Juan PR

USCGA Alumni Association, OutServe, Society of White House Military Aides.

B.S. in Government from the US Coast Guard Academy; M.S.A in Leadership from Central Michigan University

CG Commendation Medal, USN Achievement Medal, CG Achievement Medal, CG Commandant Letter of Commendation