Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Join spouse program

I am trying to find out the logistics of marrying a foreign soldier. I am currently active duty Navy, and plan on making it a career. I met a French soldier while in training. We are thinking of getting married. Would it be possible to apply to the join spouse program? I can't find any information on U.S. Military marrying foreign military.

Thank you for your time.

No, Iím sorry but the program isnít designed to handle that.  As odd as it may seem itís not that unusual. I had a similar situation arise when I was a base commander in Spain.  My base civil engineer (female) fell in love with a sergeant in the Spanish Army.  You have to remember those are small countries and  there are not very many bases to move to.   It is not unusual for a person to remain at the same base for an entire career.  In the case in Spain, she ended  up retiring (she had 22 years) and he never moved again.  That was in 1984 and they are still living happily-ever-after in southern Spain.

I checked with the Senior NCO (E-8) who manages this program for the Air Force at Headquarters Manpower Center in Texas in case something may have changed.  He told me the program is designed to accommodate military spouses in the same service.  When I explained the situation to him he was ready to quit.  He was afraid I was bringing the case to him to work.   When I told him you were Navy, he giggled like a schoolgirl.  He said actually he pitied the person who tried to work your case.

Enjoy the time you have together.
Colonel H

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

All military questions, any Service. 30 years experience & two Ph.D.'s. 4 times Base Commander. Worked with Army, Navy, USMC, USCG and several foreign military units. Veteran of Kosovo, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, and 10 civil wars in Africa.

Air Force Colonel with 30 years experience. Air Force Base Commander 4 times. Highly decorated.

Org of Am Historians, Wild West History Assoc., Disabled American Veterans - Life Member, Am Motorcyclist Assoc. - Life Member, North Am Hunt Club - Life Member, NWTF - Life Member

Numerous book reviews published in the Journal of American History. Two books submitted for publication. Co-Author of two more. Eisenhower memorial Library (interview with U.S. Presidential chaffeur

Ph.D. in military history, Columbus University (Summa Cum Laude) Ph.D. in history, London, England (Summa Cum Laude) Master of Arts degree in history, Marshall University, WV Bachelors degree, double-major in history and mathematics, Salem College, WV Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL

Legion of Merit, Defense MSM, 5 Meritous Service Medals,Joint Commendation Medal AF Commendation Medal Army Commendation Joint Achievement Medal AF Achievement Medal Outstanding Volunteer Medal Total of 33 Medals and 43 Ribbons