Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Failed drugbtest

On January 7, 2013 I enlisted into the marines, went through MEPS and everything and was in DEP since I was in high school. Later on I got a letter in the mail saying I tested positive for marijuana which shocked me considering I don't smoke and tested negative on two other tests before going to MEPS. I do not take part in any drugs and have never had any police involvement. The letter also said my processing will resume in febuary of 2013. I waited until January 14th of this year to reapply but they denied me. I was wondering if there was some sort of waiver or drug screening I could go through to allow me to enlist. Is all hope lost for me and the marines? In the military? Can I get a lawyer? Can a hair follicle test prove I don't use drugs? If the marines won't accept me will any branch? I understand the military has a zero tolerance for drug use and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to prove I don't do any drugs. I really want this, the military is all I've ever wanted since I was a kid. Thank you in advance.

Sorry to hear that you got caught-up in this mess.  The new commandant of the Marine Corps will not allow any waivers for anything related to drugs, period, so that's out.  Yeah, I suppose a lawyer is your best bet, but he'll be expensive.  Other Services will give waivers, but that's admitting you were a drug user.  MEPS does make mistakes occassionally, so you need to prove them wrong,  Get a lawyer that's not afraid to challenge the government.  Ask before you pay.  See you around base.
Colonel H  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

All military questions, any Service. 30 years experience & two Ph.D.'s. 4 times Base Commander. Worked with Army, Navy, USMC, USCG and several foreign military units. Veteran of Kosovo, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, and 10 civil wars in Africa.

Air Force Colonel with 30 years experience. Air Force Base Commander 4 times. Highly decorated.

Org of Am Historians, Wild West History Assoc., Disabled American Veterans - Life Member, Am Motorcyclist Assoc. - Life Member, North Am Hunt Club - Life Member, NWTF - Life Member

Numerous book reviews published in the Journal of American History. Two books submitted for publication. Co-Author of two more. Eisenhower memorial Library (interview with U.S. Presidential chaffeur

Ph.D. in military history, Columbus University (Summa Cum Laude) Ph.D. in history, London, England (Summa Cum Laude) Master of Arts degree in history, Marshall University, WV Bachelors degree, double-major in history and mathematics, Salem College, WV Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL

Legion of Merit, Defense MSM, 5 Meritous Service Medals,Joint Commendation Medal AF Commendation Medal Army Commendation Joint Achievement Medal AF Achievement Medal Outstanding Volunteer Medal Total of 33 Medals and 43 Ribbons