Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Helping my Nation

Thank you Colonel Howard, the GAF is the best in west africa but nepotism and greed now reigns and abuse on human rights too. I want to join the USMC so i can come back to Ghana after my service and help further improve our military  and our security agencies at large. Our police dont even have trained snipers to deal with hostage situations and terror attacks since we're in a terrorism marked zone, the last time i saw our swat on tv i laughed they dont even have the tactics and weapons to be called a swat team. They dont even have a proper place like Quantico to train personnel in close quater combat, self defence and counter insurgency for them to survive on their jobs. Our BNI (FBI of the US) cant even train sleeper agents to infiltrate certain organizations that are causing financial loss to the state. Colonel i love the military my family and friends know this they know i can be the big change that my country needs and i can  only do that if i gather some military expertise across the world and bring it back home. The military has always been the life i wanted to live, thats why i want to join the USMC. I will need every advice and help i can get in making my home a better place to live. Thank you

Sorry to hear the GAF has gone downhill so much.  You'll do well in the USMC with that attitude.  If/when asked why you want to join the USMC, (they always used to ask that on your application) be sure to state what you can do for  the USMC, not what they can provide you with, we already know that.  Be thinking of what you can add to the Corps.
Good luck,
Colonel H

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

All military questions, any Service. 30 years experience & two Ph.D.'s. 4 times Base Commander. Worked with Army, Navy, USMC, USCG and several foreign military units. Veteran of Kosovo, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, and 10 civil wars in Africa.

Air Force Colonel with 30 years experience. Air Force Base Commander 4 times. Highly decorated.

Org of Am Historians, Wild West History Assoc., Disabled American Veterans - Life Member, Am Motorcyclist Assoc. - Life Member, North Am Hunt Club - Life Member, NWTF - Life Member

Numerous book reviews published in the Journal of American History. Two books submitted for publication. Co-Author of two more. Eisenhower memorial Library (interview with U.S. Presidential chaffeur

Ph.D. in military history, Columbus University (Summa Cum Laude) Ph.D. in history, London, England (Summa Cum Laude) Master of Arts degree in history, Marshall University, WV Bachelors degree, double-major in history and mathematics, Salem College, WV Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL

Legion of Merit, Defense MSM, 5 Meritous Service Medals,Joint Commendation Medal AF Commendation Medal Army Commendation Joint Achievement Medal AF Achievement Medal Outstanding Volunteer Medal Total of 33 Medals and 43 Ribbons