Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Medical discharge promotion

I was medically discharge under honorable conditions and I was jipped out of being promoted to Cpl by my command after the process started. Is it pick up now that I have been disharged? I've heard of marines picking up after separation but I'm unsure of where I stand in this.

No, you cannot be promoted, you are no longer in the military.  Marines who were promoted after they got out were still in the IRR, they just EAS'd and still had to serve their 8 year commitment.

You were not jipped, you were denied becuase you could not serve in the capacity of a corporal while you were being medically discharged.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L

I am a National Guard Recruiting NCOIC, been doing recruiting jobs for the military for over 12 years and am a subject matter expert on qualifications for National Guard and Army ( as we use the same regulation) and I keep up to date on other services regulations as well. In my job, I process questionable applicants and determine eligibility, I process waivers of all types and know the regulations inside and out. I will not sugar coat my answers to you. They are usually short and to the point. If you need more in depth, ask me. Because each situation is different, alot of times you need to actually talk to a recruiter and let them evaluate your situation in person, by looking at your documents, issues etc. If I suggest this, it would be in your best interest to do so. Finally...thank you for your interest in serving this great nation of ours. Very few people can actually make the cut to serve let alone choose to do so. So thank you for wanting to and hopefully you will get a chance. Whatever branch you choose, thank you and good luck.

18 years Guard experience, combat missions and homeland missions. 12 years recruiting. I have been a platoon sergeant and squad leader. Mentor to new recruiters and recruits.

Recruiters course and advanced courses in recruiting