Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Gestational Diabetes

Question
QUESTION: How hard would it be to get a waiver for gestational diabetes? I don't have diabetes now and didn't have a problem when I was pregnant with it. Just had failed the 3 hour GTT.

ANSWER: While I am not 100% positive, it would probably disqualify you, however, it may be eligible for a waiver.  But if you need any medication or special diet, you would not get one.

QUESTION: Would being restricted to 2400 calorie diet considered a special diet?

Answer
Not specifically, but being in the military can put you in situations where you might not get to east much or at all for extended times, whether due to combat or lack of resources at the moment. So many variables, while your issue may never come up in a career where it would hamper you, it is the possibilities that matter.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L