Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/RE-3g waiver

Question
I'm not sure if you are the person to ask and i apologize if you aren't, but i've been trying to find out information about getting a waiver for a RE-3G code from the USN. I was discharged 14Mar14 and at the time there was just so much in my life that i let things get to me and they discharged me with failure to adapt with minor anxiety and depression. I was on meds for about a month before i told them i did not like them and that i rather not be on them. Since being discharged ive lived on my own had no problems mentally and have not been on any medicine nor have i had to see a doctor. Sorry for rambling just trying to make sure you have any information you may need to be able to best answer, anyway, question is...how hard(if possible) would it be to get a waiver to get back in to the Navy? I want to go back into the same rate and im willing to go back through boot camp if need be. Oh i was discharged in my A-school where during it i was top of class until they kicked me back to Barracks Support. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bri

Answer
Trying to get a waiver for failure to adapt is very hard to do, and most recruiters will not take the time to work with you unless you have all your paperwork relating to your discharge.  However, you had anxiety and depression, and your discharge paperwork would have record of that, those issues are usually not waived except under rare circumstances by any branch of the military.

You can speak to a recruiter to see if anything is possible, but don't get your hopes up.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L