Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Army enlistment

Hello Sir. I hope this finds you well. Thank you for your service! My name is Andrew and I just had general questions about Army enlistment. I have never been in the military prior to this message. I did graduate from an accredited college with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management. I am 30 years of age. Do you think it is too late to be considering something like this? Also I now own a home, do not have any dependants, and am not married, yet. Would I be able to still make my house payment each month if I chose to enlist? (Between $650-$700/mo).  Thank you for your time. Have a great day.     Andrew

In the Army, you would not get extra money for house payments unless you were married or had kids.  the reason being, you would not go back home, so you would need to sell, or rent it out via a propert manager.

30 is not too old, the college helps with rank.

In the guard, you would get extra money for house payment while in training.

Go speak to a recruiter, they can help you out better.  no Pressure.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L

I am a National Guard Recruiting NCOIC, been doing recruiting jobs for the military for over 12 years and am a subject matter expert on qualifications for National Guard and Army ( as we use the same regulation) and I keep up to date on other services regulations as well. In my job, I process questionable applicants and determine eligibility, I process waivers of all types and know the regulations inside and out. I will not sugar coat my answers to you. They are usually short and to the point. If you need more in depth, ask me. Because each situation is different, alot of times you need to actually talk to a recruiter and let them evaluate your situation in person, by looking at your documents, issues etc. If I suggest this, it would be in your best interest to do so. Finally...thank you for your interest in serving this great nation of ours. Very few people can actually make the cut to serve let alone choose to do so. So thank you for wanting to and hopefully you will get a chance. Whatever branch you choose, thank you and good luck.

18 years Guard experience, combat missions and homeland missions. 12 years recruiting. I have been a platoon sergeant and squad leader. Mentor to new recruiters and recruits.

Recruiters course and advanced courses in recruiting