Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Help

Hi, Okay so here's my situation, I just got home from Recruit Training from Paris Island. During training another recruit and I got into an altercation and I struck him knocking his teeth out. Was given an Article 128 and dropped back in training as punishment. Going forward from that, I later tore my ligaments in my knees and was sent to MRP immediately to RSP for the injuries. But when I was given my discharge papers it stated "Entry Level Separation". And was told it was because of what had happen stated earlier with the Article 128. Is it right for them to discharge for something that I wasn't sent to RSP for? And can I change the reason for separation? Re-Entry code: RE-3F, Separation code: JGA1

Right or wrong they had the prerogative to discharge you for either the injury or the misconduct...they chose the misconduct.  To change the reason for separation you would have to appeal to the Board for Corrections of Naval Records.  I think your chances of prevailing are low.  If you are attempting to re-enter the Armed Forces I recommend you speak with a recruiter they may be able to assist you with a waiver to re-enter the military.

LCDR J.M. Fiorentine USCGR

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John Fiorentine

Active Duty Coast Guard Lieutenant Commander. My specialties are opertations afloat and operations ashore; three afloat tours and three ashore tour under my belt including command afloat and navy exchange. My staff assignments have been with Officer Personnel Management as a Career Counselor, White House Military Office as a Social Aide, and at the Office of Law Enforcement within CG Headquarters as a program analyst. I can answer questions related to the Coast Guard, the assignment process, officer specialties, OCONUS duty, afloat and ashore operations. I can also answer questions related to the White House Social Aide Program.

WMEC Deck Watch Officer Portsmouth VA; DD Combat Info Center Officer Yokosuka Japan (Navy Exchange); WPB Commanding Officer San Juan PR; Enforcement Div Sector San Juan PR; Career Counselor (OPM-4); Law Enforcement Program Analyst (CG-MLE); Command Center Chief Sector San Juan PR

USCGA Alumni Association, OutServe, Society of White House Military Aides.

B.S. in Government from the US Coast Guard Academy; M.S.A in Leadership from Central Michigan University

CG Commendation Medal, USN Achievement Medal, CG Achievement Medal, CG Commandant Letter of Commendation