You are here:

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Marriage between Active duty and National Guard


loco Jow wrote at 2012-12-05 03:04:13
Just to add to this answer, the army has recently changed the rules for tours to korea. It is now very possible to be command sponsored to have your spouse with you in this tour. You will get BAH but you have to sign up for a 24 or 36 month commitment. I just got orders to go there and my orders state i have permission to request command sponsorship.  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Rod Powers


Rod Powers is considered one of the premire experts about U.S. Military career information on the planet. He has more than 30,000 articles about U.S. Military career information on the U.S. Military Careers Information website at: Additionally, he is the author of "ASVAB for Dummies," "ASVAB AFQT for Dummies," (available in Dec 2009), and "Veteran Benefits for Dummies," all published by Wiley Publishing. He is also the author of "Barrons' Guide to Officer Candidate School Tests," published by Barron's Educational Series.


Rod Powers is a retired Air Force first sergeant, with 23 years of active duty service, 11 of those years as an Air Force First Sergeant. He has helped thousands of military members, recruits, and military applicants since he took over the U.S Military Careers Information site in 1999. He has a reputation for "telling it like it is," so questions may not be answered based on "what you want to hear," but will be answered based of the bast available information, concerning the service/situation.

Rod is a distinguished graduate of the Air Force Noncommissioned Officers Academy, the Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, and the Air Force First Sergeant Academy. He also holds an Associates Degree in Personnel Administration from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF).

©2017 All rights reserved.