Careers: Modeling/question..

so I am a 16 yr old girl, almost 5'9'', red/blonde girl, 125 lbs, am I too heavy/have the potential to model editorial? If so, how would I go about doing this?

thanks, Alex

ROVA STYLE 2012 Spring Collection
ROVA STYLE 2012 Spring  

Teen Model Candice Rose Editorial Photo
Teen Model Candice Ros  
Hello Alex and thank you for your question. Specializing in model and actor portfolio development and working with several designers, I feel I can answer your question openly and honestly.

From how you asked your question, someone reading it and seeing you are nearly 5'9" and weigh 125#, for sure you are not too heavy and a great height for an editorial, runway, print and fashion photography. However, what you are missing are your measurements. For example, are your breasts large too large for your build (modeling wise) or are your hips to large (33" is the high end for runway models). How do you look and do you you have any physical abnormalities (such as visible scars, etc ...) also matters greatly. Next is your personality. Do you have a fun and open minded personality? This is important because your personality, drive and desire to succeed as a model will show in your photos. Lastly is are you comfortable in front of the camera, can you pose naturally (not stiff looking at all) and can you take constructive criticism? Remember, modeling is a business and needs to be treated as such.

If you truly have what it takes to be an editorial model, you need to build a portfolio. However, do not limit yourself to editorial style photos. Show as many diverse looks in as many styles you can in your portfolio. The more diverse looks you can show, the more opportunities you will be available for. Send your portfolio to as many legit modeling agency's, agents and PR firms as possible. This can easily be done on line. Lastly, get yourself noticed. Create a professional online modeling portfolio on web sites that that allow underage teen models. Use ONLY professional photos.  

If you would like for me to give you a more definitive answer to your question, please email me 3-5 full body photos along with your measurements and a little about yourself and I can help give you better direction.  

Hope this helps,

KGR Photography

Careers: Modeling

I can answer questions about modeling from both a male model and photographers perspective such as: * How old or young can someone be to get into modeling? * What is the best age to get into modeling? * Is modeling just for the very tall and thin girls or muscular guys? * How do you know if you have what it takes to become a model? * What do photographers look for in a model? * How do you learn to pose? * What is body awareness and how important is it to becoming a successful model? * How do you prepare for a photoshoot? * Selecting modeling genres that are right for you? From the business side, I can answer questions related to: * How to get started in modeling? * Freelance modeling and self representation versus signing with an agency. * How to find auditions and other modeling opportunities. * Finding and building a free online modeling profile sites and networking groups/events. * Developing your own free or subscription modeling website?

I started out as a male model when I was 15 and modeled for several photographers, artists and figure drawing classes until I was 22 years old. Today, I'm a published and agency recommended professional freelance photographer from Southern California. I have over 10 years specializing in fashion, lifestyle, portraiture, editorial, actor headshots, swimwear, glamour, boudoir, lingerie, artistic, nude, erotic and theme specific photography. I'm also experienced in model portfolio and web site development, model tear sheets, posters, calendars and other model promotional items.

I model freelance part time and studied at the Los Angeles School of Photography. I host bi-monthly workshops (which include a photoshoot) for amateur models of ALL ages.