Careers: Modeling/modeling career

modeling pics
modeling pics  

modeling pics
modeling pics  
Hi Mr. Ken

May name is Fay, I'm trying to help my two cousins to get to modeling job. we did get the pictures or the portfolio card as u can see in the attachment file. I just need help to find a modeling agency that they don't have to pay any membership fee because they can't afford it
can u tell me what is the next steps or any other way to get to modeling after the pictures steps
I would really appreciate that thank so much for your time

Fay Hirmiz

Hi Fay,

Thanks for your nice rating, I do appreciate it. In addition to the information I sent you yesterday, I came across an article from one of the web sites I recommended your cousins join (Model Mayhem) about becoming a freelance model. While the article is based on a female model, many of the suggestions can apply to male models. Here is the link to the article:

Besides Wordpress, here is another free website builder your cousins can use to make a simple, yet effective modeling web site:

Lastly, I forgot to mention that the web site Tumblr is another good place that your cousins can showcase their modeling photos and promote themselves:

Take care and good luck to your cousins,

Hello Fay,

Thank you for submitting your question. First, I would like to say that if any modeling agency or representative wants you to pay them, they are likely a scam, so stay away.

Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to your question. No matter if the model is male or female, there are many more models available then available modeling jobs. In order to help you, I need to know a little more about your cousins:

1) What country are they living in?
2) What are each of their age ranges (you did not list this on their ZED card and agents want this information)
3) What modeling experience do they have?
4) What are their modeling genres?

You can begin by goggling male modeling agency's in your city and most reputable ones will have a submission page where they can submit all the required info and if they are interested, a representative will contact them. There are also free web sites that allow you to create a modeling profile. Some of these are:

You can also google male model online profiles for more, but I know of these.

The best thing they can do is market themselves to agency's. They can have a modeling community page on facebook and they need to create even a simple free website on a site like wordpress. Finally, they need to network by joining modeling groups on web sites like and

I hope this helps and feel free to ask me any other questions,

KGR Photography

Careers: Modeling

I can answer questions about modeling from both a male model and photographers perspective such as: * How old or young can someone be to get into modeling? * What is the best age to get into modeling? * Is modeling just for the very tall and thin girls or muscular guys? * How do you know if you have what it takes to become a model? * What do photographers look for in a model? * How do you learn to pose? * What is body awareness and how important is it to becoming a successful model? * How do you prepare for a photoshoot? * Selecting modeling genres that are right for you? From the business side, I can answer questions related to: * How to get started in modeling? * Freelance modeling and self representation versus signing with an agency. * How to find auditions and other modeling opportunities. * Finding and building a free online modeling profile sites and networking groups/events. * Developing your own free or subscription modeling website?

I started out as a male model when I was 15 and modeled for several photographers, artists and figure drawing classes until I was 22 years old. Today, I'm a published and agency recommended professional freelance photographer from Southern California. I have over 10 years specializing in fashion, lifestyle, portraiture, editorial, actor headshots, swimwear, glamour, boudoir, lingerie, artistic, nude, erotic and theme specific photography. I'm also experienced in model portfolio and web site development, model tear sheets, posters, calendars and other model promotional items.

I model freelance part time and studied at the Los Angeles School of Photography. I host bi-monthly workshops (which include a photoshoot) for amateur models of ALL ages.