Careers: Modeling/regarding modelling

Question
sir I want to ask you that... I am a college student and I want to became a model... so what should I do first, from where I'll get modelling jobs... and sir I didn't have enough money to spend on these... or make my portfolio... so sir what should i do.. or whom should I met...
and thank you sir

Answer
Hello Sanjeev.

Unfortunately, your question is not a simple one to answer. Their are many factors you should consider before pursuing modeling as a hobby or career. First thing you need to do is take a realistic look at yourself and see if you really have what it takes to be a model. Modeling goes well beyond just someone smile or their body. Their personality needs to come out in every photo. You will need to be friendly, open minded, able to follow directions without complaining, hold poses, not look stiff, and not give up you if you don't get a job. If you feel you have what it takes, then you must define the modeling genres you want to pursue. Here are some typical modeling genres:

Artistic Nude Bodypaint, Boudoir, Cosplay, Editorial, Erotic, Fashion, Fetish, Fitness, Glamour, Lifestyle, Lingerie/Underwear, Pinup, Runway, and Swimwear.

From your name, I am not certain if you are a man or a woman, so you will need to determine which genres fit you.

Next you need to develop a model. This will consist of a variety of photos from each modeling genre, including Polaroids, which are natural snapshots intended to show an agency or client what the model currently looks like with no makeup or hair done. Since you do not have money to spend on making a portfolio, you will need to find a local photographer willing to trade their time for prints. You will both own the copyright to the photos and the only cost might be a splitting the cost to rent a studio or other expenses. If the photographer shoots outdoors or already has a studio, you may not have to pay anything. The limitation is, if the photographer does not need photos of your genre, then they will probably not shoot for free. Also, offer to edit the photos yourself as photo editing takes a lot of the photographers time.

Okay, so let's say you found a photographer and now you have photos to send to an agent or agency, now what do you do. Without experience and depending on your modeling genres (modeling nude will make you the most money and get you the most job opportunities) you need to start by marketing yourself first through free online modeling portfolio web sites like Model Mayhem, Model Desire, Broken Doll Models, iStudio and so forth. They are very easy to find through a Google search. Facebook is also a great place to market yourself. Just make sure you create a public Figure page and not a personal facebook page or no one will take you seriously.

Research modeling agency's near where you live and find out their requirements. DO NOT start with a large agency or you will waste your time. Most allow you to apply online. Look for local photographers who need models for their project. You can also do a Google search for model castings also called "go-see" auditions in your area.

Best of luck and I hope I have been helpful,

KGR Photography
kgrphoto@gmail.com

Careers: Modeling

Keith