Careers: Nursing/Pre-nursing associates

brenda Hobbs wrote at 2014-01-03 00:01:45
GMC doesn't have a 2 year program to become RN's. She is completing the pre-req for a BSN degree in Nursing, if that helps.

Careers: Nursing

Kathleen RN

I can answer nursing questions related to medical nursing and preoperative and post operative nursing care. What to expect as you come into the hospital, questions to ask your doctor, what to expect postoperative. How to minimize your chances of post operative complications such as infection.

I am in charge of a thirty bed surgical unit on nights, twelve hour shifts. I am a resource person for new grads and new hires, I also work on the floor when not in charge and love bedside nursing.

Associates Degree in Nursing.

Surgical patients, medical patients, pysch patients, detox patients at times. Our hospital does not discriminate, and regardless of finances or insurance are taken care of. On my floor we take care of all general surgeries, orthopedics, neurosurgery, urology. No pediatrics, I have taken care of as young as four years old, but am not an expert on pediatrics. I will never divulge personal information because of HIPPA laws, and will not go out of my scope of practice.