Careers: Nursing/current degree but no license

Kerri wrote at 2013-01-19 07:51:19
Hi ladies. I came across this in a web search. I graduated from an RN program with great grades 3 years ago. I have taken boards 4 times and had all 265 questions each time. I am petitioning to test again. In the mean time is there any job that I can do with an Nursing Degree and no license? Any info you can provide would be great. Thanks

Careers: Nursing

Irma G., RN, CNOR(e), DABFN, fellow ACFEI

I am an experienced forensic nurse examiner and have done cases relating to domestic violence, sexual assault and elder abuse in the state of California. I've consulted nationally and internationally, for the Undersecretary of Health (Veterans Administration) and for the region of Novgorod, Russia (300,000 people)in a forensic capacity. I can answer question having to do with forensic nursing, operating room nursing (scrub & circulate), intensive care and aeromedical flight nursing. I also have vast military nursing experience in peace time and war time and have over 18 years in VA Hospital experience. I have lectured on forensic awareness, domestic violence and sexual assault. I have experience as a nurse manager and preceptor. I have developed new grad programs for ICU and managed them successfully. I have been a patient advocate & consultant, answering questions in plain English, to unravel and gap the patient-doctor relationship and the mystery of the medical world "lingo".

forensic nursing, expert witness, forensic nurse examiner, operating room, intensive care, aeromedical flight nursing (fixed wing), military nursing, elder abuse, veteran hospital nursing

IAFN (International Association of Forensic Nursing), ACFEI, AORN (Association of Operating Room Nurses), Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing,CHIA (California Homicide Investigators Association)

please see and click on "spotlight" and "pearls"

Registered Nurse licensed in Arizona & California. ADN - Phoenix College of Nursing. BSN - University of Phoenix. CNOR(e) - Certified Nationally - Operating Room. DABFN - Diplomate, American Board of Forensic Nursing. fellow, ACFEI - American College of Forensic Examiners Institute.