Careers: Nursing/Ready to be a Nurse

Ellen, a male register nurse, graduated from nursing in U of M this Summer. But he hardly find a job without any experiences. His name was on waiting lists. Can you suggest any ideas. Thanks.

My suggestion is that you should be patient. Sometimes employers need people with some years of experience before they can be employed. However, there are some employers that would think of age, good grade, ability to convince during interviews that you can do the job, etc.

Besides, if you are in a hurry to land a job, you may consider adding some more portfolios to what you have right now. You may go for BLS, ACLS, ATLS, etc. You can also join some volunteer services or NGOs just to get a few months of practical experiences.

Careers: Nursing

Efoghor Joseph Ezie

I can answer questions on general nursing, nursing career and nursing practice.

I am highly experienced in this field. I have been in practice since 1995 (I have worked both in the hospital and industrial sectors). I have actually spent the last 13years in the industrial sector.

Member, National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives

I am a Platinum expert author on My personal blog is and I have several of my articles published there.

State School of Nursing, Agbor, Delta State, Nigeria 1991-1994 Annunciation Catholic College, Irrua, Edo State, Nigeria. 1986-1988 Certification: West African School certificate (WASC). Ekpon Grammar School, Ekpon, Edo State, Nigeria. 1982-1986 Central Primary School, Ekpon, Edo State, Nigeria 1976-1982

In the work place, award for off-shore rescue operations was given to me in 2001 while still working in Julius Berger Nigeria PLC.