Careers: Nursing/questions about my nursing career

Question
Kathleen:

I currently work on a post CV surgery stepdown unit.  I have been here 8 hrs, have my PCCN certification.  Have an associates in nursing and a BS in another science. I enjoy the unit I work on and enjoy the patient population. I feel restless because I could be doing more, moving onward and upward but I don't know which way to go or what I want to do.  I really dislike being in school and do not like the online format that most advanced degree programs utilize these days.I do not want more student loan debt.  I am praying about what to do.  I could be a great leader, have a stable & calm personality.  If I did go for an advanced degree, I don't know what is best.  NP? Nurse Educator?  I just don't know.  Do you have any thoughts on this? Thank you.

Answer
Hello Karen,
Wow, what a question. I don't honestly know how to answer this Karen, as I don't know what you are passionate about. If CV nursing is your passion and you want to teach within that unit then you could always start learning everything you can and become a educator for that unit. I can only tell you to look in your heart and find the passion and area of nursing that would fulfill you the most. I truly wish I could say "do this, or do that" but I can't, but I can say that since you are asking the question then there is an area where you are saying to yourself "I want more" or "I can give more". Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Best wishes and warmest regards, KathleenY2

Careers: Nursing

Kathleen RN