Careers: Nursing/Career in Nursing

Question
My daughter is a sophomore in high school and has decided that she wants to become a nurse.  When she starts a college what classes does she have to take?  Does she have to take more core classes such as math, English, science and history or just classes that deal with nursing?

Thanks!

Answer
Neldi,
Generally, most schools and most countries require that one should have mathematics, Sciences and English to be eligible for admission into nursing school.

But when in nursing school, they are no longer compulsory; they are only applied. Though some schools do them just in the first year of study (English and Basic science).

The main areas of concentration after admission include Nursing theory, Anatomy and Physiology; Pharmacology, Maternal and Child health; Medical/Surgical; Psychology, Paediatric nursing, etc. They can slightly different from country to country.

Careers: Nursing

Efoghor Joseph Ezie