Careers: Nursing/Career in Nursing

My daughter is a sophomore in high school and has decided that she wants to become a nurse.  When she starts a college what classes does she have to take?  Does she have to take more core classes such as math, English, science and history or just classes that deal with nursing?

Generally, most schools and most countries require that one should have mathematics, Sciences and English to be eligible for admission into nursing school.

But when in nursing school, they are no longer compulsory; they are only applied. Though some schools do them just in the first year of study (English and Basic science).

The main areas of concentration after admission include Nursing theory, Anatomy and Physiology; Pharmacology, Maternal and Child health; Medical/Surgical; Psychology, Paediatric nursing, etc. They can slightly different from country to country.

Careers: Nursing

Efoghor Joseph Ezie

I can answer questions on general nursing, nursing career and nursing practice.

I am highly experienced in this field. I have been in practice since 1995 (I have worked both in the hospital and industrial sectors). I have actually spent the last 13years in the industrial sector.

Member, National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives

I am a Platinum expert author on My personal blog is and I have several of my articles published there.

State School of Nursing, Agbor, Delta State, Nigeria 1991-1994 Annunciation Catholic College, Irrua, Edo State, Nigeria. 1986-1988 Certification: West African School certificate (WASC). Ekpon Grammar School, Ekpon, Edo State, Nigeria. 1982-1986 Central Primary School, Ekpon, Edo State, Nigeria 1976-1982

In the work place, award for off-shore rescue operations was given to me in 2001 while still working in Julius Berger Nigeria PLC.