Careers: Nursing/School Curriculum

Question
Ken..I am concerned about the curriculum at the school that I am currently attending. First of all, when I was accepted, I was under the impression that I would have to retake Anatomy I due to my completion of this class 20 yrs ago. But when I went to register, they told me I wouldn't have to take it over. Now I learn that it will be included on the ATI test, including what I have half-way learned in AP II. I say half way because I feel that this class is too dumb-down with minimal lab work. Their lab consists of microscopes and slides, period. I am also concerned that they do not require us to have even high school chemistry, which I don't have. They say it isn't necessary but I have a feeling that the only reason they don't require it is that they don't have the facilities to teach it. So I guess my question is this: Should I be concerned about their lack of a requirement for not just chemistry, but also a poorly taught AP class, and having no algebra classes in my history? Something else they didn't require.

This is a Regionally accredited private 4yr. hospital program. Thank you

Answer
Jen:

You just want to be sure that your nursing program is accredited so you can sit for the RN boards. If they take your transfer credits and they are accredited, then all is good. Just make sure you refresh yourself on the course materials when studying for the boards. Here is some info and a couple links to run your school through to see if its accredited.

http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programsearch.htm

http://www.allnursingschools.com/nursing-careers/article/nursing-school-accredit

Good Luck!

Careers: Nursing

Ken , BSN, RN, CCRN, MICN