Careers: Nursing/Do you think I can make it in nursing?

Hi there,

I recently started college doing the 2 year RN program at my community college and I do plan on attaining my BSN afterwards.

Currently, I am working on all my prerequisites to get into the nursing program. I find all the classes that I am taking all interesting and I have no problem with them at all. My only concern is, I am taking the second class for Anatomy and Physiology and find it difficult to remember the physiology part for this course.

In a way, this makes me feel discouraged that if I can't find physiology easy, then how am I able to proceed with my nursing education and its goals? Do you think it's still possible for me to be able to attain my goal? I really love nursing but I am just anxious about that specific part of the course - which I find is a really basic knowledge that anyone in the health field should know. Any tips?

Thank you,

You will make it! Anxiety is normal.... If u were not worried about making it.... Then I would be worried..... Just take one day, one test at a time and you will succeed. Nothing in life us easy.... But.... you will be a Nurse someday .... Just do it!  

Careers: Nursing

I can answer questions regarding all aspects of Nursing as a career in general. If you need help deciding if nursing is a career for you, then let me help you with your decision. As an added bonus, I can answer your questions from the perspective of being a man in nursing who has a wife that is also a nurse. Men is nursing is more accepted today than it was when I began in 1993. Regardless of your gender, Nursing has so much to offer and is among the most respected professions of our time. I have been a registered nurse since 1993 and have been certified in Critical Care nursing since 1996. I am currently a full-time Critical Care Ground Transport Nurse/Mobile Intensive Care Nurse(MICN). I am working per diem as a night Shift Administrator/Nursing Supervisor.

My experience over the years since 1993 have been spent between the Emergency Room and the Critical Care Units. More recently since 2007 I have been working in Emergency Medical Services (EMS) as a Critical Care Transport Nurse/Mobile Intensive Care Nurse(MICN)/Emergency Medical Technician(EMT). This unit is known as the Specialty Care Transport Unit(SCTU). I transport all age populations with critical medical problems from Hospital A to Hospital B in the back of an ambulance. My job is to make sure this patient remains in the same or better condition and to handle any emergency that may arise during the over the road transport. BLS/ACLS/PALS/NRP/ITLS Certified Provider.

American Association of Critical Care Nurses Honor Society of Nursing, Upsilon Rho Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International

BSN,Nursing/Pursuing MSN in Nursing Administration Critical Care Registered Nurse(CCRN)/ Mobile Intensive Care Nurse (MICN)/ Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)/ AAS Business Management

American Ambulance Association-2009 Star of Life Recipient