Careers: Nursing/past criminal history.

In 2009 I was convicted of a felony breaking and entering charge. I was allowed to have it filed under the First offender act,so it will be exponged. However I was recently reading and it is still visible when applying for nursing and teacher jobs etc. Is their a way to get into nursing school still? I have no other convictions I was 19 it was a mistake. And do I have to go all the way through schooling 1st to see if I can be registered? I do not want to waist anyone's time by taking all the required schooling and by denied.

I would invest in a fingerprint felony search on your own right now to see if it shows up. You can search online in your local area for companies that provide that service for a fee. We all had to do one and my daughters both had to do one before entering their programs at college that dealt with patient or client care as well.

The next best thing to do is to approach the nursing school counselor that you plan on attending and tell them the same thing that you just told me. If the felony is exponged then it should not be visible.

I am not sure if you said that you were reading that it may show up....or...if you did see it show up.  If it did show up then you will be denied a license and it would not be worth while to waste all your time on that you have stated.

If you do the felony fingerprint check and nothing should be good to go without talking to the counselor at the college.

Each time I renew my nursing license they ask on the questionnaire if I have been convicted of a is an important issue.

Good Luck!

Careers: Nursing

I can answer questions regarding all aspects of Nursing as a career in general. If you need help deciding if nursing is a career for you, then let me help you with your decision. As an added bonus, I can answer your questions from the perspective of being a man in nursing who has a wife that is also a nurse. Men is nursing is more accepted today than it was when I began in 1993. Regardless of your gender, Nursing has so much to offer and is among the most respected professions of our time. I have been a registered nurse since 1993 and have been certified in Critical Care nursing since 1996. I am currently a full-time Critical Care Ground Transport Nurse/Mobile Intensive Care Nurse(MICN). I am working per diem as a night Shift Administrator/Nursing Supervisor.

My experience over the years since 1993 have been spent between the Emergency Room and the Critical Care Units. More recently since 2007 I have been working in Emergency Medical Services (EMS) as a Critical Care Transport Nurse/Mobile Intensive Care Nurse(MICN)/Emergency Medical Technician(EMT). This unit is known as the Specialty Care Transport Unit(SCTU). I transport all age populations with critical medical problems from Hospital A to Hospital B in the back of an ambulance. My job is to make sure this patient remains in the same or better condition and to handle any emergency that may arise during the over the road transport. BLS/ACLS/PALS/NRP/ITLS Certified Provider.

American Association of Critical Care Nurses Honor Society of Nursing, Upsilon Rho Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International

BSN,Nursing/Pursuing MSN in Nursing Administration Critical Care Registered Nurse(CCRN)/ Mobile Intensive Care Nurse (MICN)/ Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)/ AAS Business Management

American Ambulance Association-2009 Star of Life Recipient