Careers: Photography/minolta sony

I have a Minolta 5000 & 8000i and would like to go digital with a Sony a77. Do my old lenses fit and functions (auto focus, aperture auto set etc)work on the Sony a77? If they work I know the advantage is I can save money using them any disadvantages?

Thanks for the question. It's a bit out of my zone of knowledge but I think it will work if it's a Minolta Maxxum zoom. There are also adapters but anytime you add another piece of glass to the line of light you'll lose quality. My best advice would be to google it. There has to be some Minolta message boards out there discussing the issue. Sorry that I couldn't be more help.

Careers: Photography

Erin Reid Coker

Photojournalist careers; camera repair; specific camera operating questions; critiques

Award winning, professional, freelance photojournalist and wedding photographer in upstate New York. Over 10 years of experience.

Communications and Media Arts Degree; Poynter trained; seminar attendee

NBC, USA Today; Philly Inquirer, etc