Careers: Photography/minolta sony

Question
I have a Minolta 5000 & 8000i and would like to go digital with a Sony a77. Do my old lenses fit and functions (auto focus, aperture auto set etc)work on the Sony a77? If they work I know the advantage is I can save money using them any disadvantages?

Answer

Thanks for the question. It's a bit out of my zone of knowledge but I think it will work if it's a Minolta Maxxum zoom. There are also adapters but anytime you add another piece of glass to the line of light you'll lose quality. My best advice would be to google it. There has to be some Minolta message boards out there discussing the issue. Sorry that I couldn't be more help.

Careers: Photography

Erin Reid Coker