Careers: Physics/Choosing a book

Question
I need a book that teaches UG physics from the basic(in a clear way), that includes mathematical proofs for all formulae used? I'm a self learner... Please help me!

Answer
Hello shameem

Basically any calculus-based college physics text should do for a start.  Look for one that is primarily for physics majors rather than engineers.  These tend to have a more formal presentation style.  One I particularly like is Halliday, Resnick & Krane.  These books do not have everything worked out since they are textbooks and presume that the student has to work out some things for him/herself.  In addition, you might want to get a copy of the Feynman lectures which is a classic.  If you are stuck looking for older books, the Berkeley physics series is also good.

Cheers,

Carlo

Careers: Physics

Carlo Segre