Careers: Physics/i want to study theoretical physics

Question
hi,
i am from Pakistan. i am currently studying Telecommunication Engineering. I got a lot of passion for Theoretical Physics or mathematical physics. Currently i am studying Electro magnetic field theory subjects, can i continue my studies in Theoretical physics after this field of engineering.

Answer
Hello Waleed:

Of course you can continue your studies if you have enough determination.  You will probably need a M.S. in Pakistan before you can enter a graduate program elsewhere.  If you can do it in Physics, that will be the best opportunity for you to proceed with your plan.  Make sure you study classical and quantum mechanics before you start in a physics program though as those are the missing components for an Electrical Engineer.

If you look at some of my previously answered questions, you will find all sorts of suggestions for students in your exact situation.  I won't repeat them here but those links will have the kind of information you want.

Good Luck!

Careers: Physics

Carlo Segre