Careers: Physics/tank circuit work

tank circuit
tank circuit  
in the lc tank circuit(with no resistance of wires or components),assuming that capacitor is fully charged initially and the process of that circuit is,the capacitor then start discharging. .Now I have two questions
1)why capacitor start discharging?
then after it completely discharged,it charges with opposite polarity ,so question 2 is:
Why it charge with opposite polarity or even how current pass through inductor,the basic work of inductor is to oppose current,so why or how current go through it,so as to charge capacitor oppositely?

1. It discharges becuase of the potential different across the circuit which drives the current through thewires to the other side of the capacitor.

2. Yes, the inductor opposes the change in the current and thus stores energy in the magnetic field.  You ned to look at it as how the energy is stored.  Initially it is all in the capacitor, then it all transfers to the inductor and then back to the capacitor again.

Careers: Physics

Carlo Segre

I can answer most questions about studying physics in college and graduate school; questions about condensed matter physics; x-ray physics; synchrotron radiation; and general and modern physics. I can also answer questions about careers in academia.

Professor of physics for 30 years at Illinois Institute of Technology. Academic adviser for undergraduates and graduate students. I have served on university promotion and tenure committees, search committees for Deans and Department Chairs. I have also been an Associate Department Chair and an Associate Dean. I have 34 years experience in materials science research and I have been responsible for building and now managing a User facility at the Advanced Photon Source.

American Physical Society
Sigma Xi
American Chemical Society
American Associate for the Advancement of Science
International Centre for Diffraction Data (Fellow)
International X-ray Absorption Society

Nature; Physical Review Letters; Physical Review; Applied Physics Letters; Journal of Physical Chemistry; Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials; Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics; Solid State Communications; Physics Letters; Journal of Low Temperature Physics; Journal of Crystal Growth and Design; Physics Letters; Journal of Applied Physics; Journal of Archaeological Science; Physica C; Corrosion Science; Electrochimica Acta; Journal of Nuclear Materials

Ph.D. Physics, 1981 - University of California, San Diego
M.S. Physics, 1977 - University of California, San Diego
B.S. Physics, 1976 - University of illinois, Champaign-Urbana
B.S. Chemistry 1976 - University of illinois, Champaign-Urbana

Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics, IIT Fellow, International Center for Diffraction Data