Careers: Police/Military credits transfer?

Question
Does my experience as a USAF cop transfer over, or do I still need to take the law enforcement classes at the college and take the state test for the state of Florida? I took 13 weeks of technical school for law enforcement for the military and that schooling is college accredited.

Answer
Good Morning,

It really all depends on what your training has been as a cop in the United States Air Force. You have to be able to show that you have taken classes or training in certain areas. The state of Florida calls it the equivalency of training or EOT for short. You can look more up about it at the following website:

https://sites.google.com/site/flaleohelp/home/florida-requirements/-9-the-academy-or-eot

what you would need to do is have your training evaluated by a selection center in the state of Florida. We happen to have a selection center here at our Academy and you can contact the person in charge of evaluations, and they will be old help you get more and explain to the process.

That person's name is Helen Legall and her phone number is area code 352-271-2939.

Hope that helps explain your question. And thank you for your service.

Careers: Police

Chris Wagoner