Careers: Police/Becoming a police officer

Question
Does having an other than honorable discharge from the military completely disqualify me?
I have been trying to find an agency that would allow it, but I have been unsuccessful so far.
This is something that I am extremely passionate about and have been for a very long time. I don't have a criminal record. The only thing going against me is the discharge. I have tried to get it upgraded but was denied. I'm just wondering if there is anything that I can do. I don't want to be a police officer for the power or the respect I simply want to do it to help people. I am a firm believer in you get from your community what you put into it. Thank you for your time

Answer
Chris:

I'm afraid most state's specifically prohibit hiring those with anything but an honorable discharge.   

You might look into something else, such as firefighter or EMS as far as helping the community.  Law enforcement is pretty much going to be shut out for you, sorry.  

Careers: Police

Jason Grabill