Careers: Police/Background Interview

I'm sorry Mr Wagoner, I don't want to be annoying, but your help and expertise has been invaluable to me. Thank you.

I just want to be on the same page here. So, even though I mentioned all those events to the other investigators in the past, unless I'm asked, I shouldn't mention them since they seem irrelevant?

I ask because if they check my results with other agencies I don't want to be told that I didn't share this information, and I lied.

From now on, like you said, If I'm not asked, I'm not sharing, unless it's serious.

You have really made this so much easier for me to deal with and go in with a fresh perspective. Thank you for everything,

Good Morning again Manny,

No worries, your not annoying, I understand wanting to get this right.

You Wrote: "I just want to be on the same page here. So, even though I mentioned all those events to the other investigators in the past, unless I'm asked, I shouldn't mention them since they seem irrelevant?".That is correct. Since most of those things you mentioned have no bearing on you being a cop and were not crimes, unless they ask you a specific question that directly is related to one of those topics, I would not offer them up. If they do check and find that you did not list them this time and they ask you why, I would simply and truthfully say you thought about them and realized they were not crimes, very long ago, and so minor as not to be issues with your ability to be a police officer.

You need to relax, and realize that they are not looking for a reason to disqualify you, they are looking for reasons to hire you and what makes you better than the next guy. The less "baggage" you have in your past, the better.

Good Luck in your application process and relax, I think you may be a little nervous. ;)

Careers: Police

Chris Wagoner

I have been a police officer for 30+ years! I am the Police Academy Commander at the Santa Fe College, Institute of Public Safety in Gainesville Florida It is a full service Law Enforcement and Corrections training facility. I can answer most questions concerning law enforcement procedures, law enforcement training and general questions about law enforcment. I can also answer questions about becoming a law enfocement officer. I have a booklet and web page I have written that answers many questions about how to become a police officer called "So you want to be a cop (police Officer) in Florida?", which is free, Google it.. All you have to do is ask. I teach the following subjects: RADAR/LASER, Law Enforcement Driving, Law Enforcement Firearms and Patrol Techniques, Officer Safety, WMD's for Patrol Officers, Application of Law, Communications skills, Dealing with the Mentally and physically handicapped, and many more subjects. I have worked as a subject matter expert for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and helped to write the police curriculum for the State of Florida. I like answering questions about how to become a police officer, and questions about why did an officer do this or that type questions. I also like answering any questions you may have about police work in general. I do not mind helping with homework questions or trying to answer your questions about legal subjects that I have knowledge of. You will never know the answer until you ask! If you do ask a question, PLEASE take the time to at least rate the answer. I do not get paid to answer these questions and do it on my own time. If you ask, please rate it when I answer. Thanks!!! If its a question about becoming a police officer, it may be answered here: My "hobby" website - Military Videos on YouTube and Facebook!!

I am a 30+ year veteran police officer, I am currently the Police Academy Commander of an Academy in North FLorida. I have been training police officers since 1993 and have trained them in all aspects of law enforcement, including firearms, Driving and legal subjects including patrol techniques and others and training all over the world. I have trained over 5000 officers worldwide in the last 16 years of training.

I am a published author in Accident Investigation from the University of North Florida, Institute of Police Technology and Management. Also have written and published on the Internet, "So You Want to be a Cop (Police Officer) in Florida?" you can Google it..

I have 2 degrees, in Criminal Justice.

Phi Theta Kappa, plus 50+ Departmental Awards over the years. FBI Directors award for assisting in a Nationwide investigation into Child pornography.