Careers: Police/Peace order?

Question
I was given a peace order in 2011 that lasted 6 months cause an issue in a break up. I'm an active duty cop I the Air Force but want to become a state trooper in my home state. Could that keep me from becoming a trooper?

Answer
Josh:

The answer is 'probably'.   It's going to depend on the state, and more importantly, the reason the order was issued, and the conditions of it.   But it's not going to look good in any case, and be prepared for several years for this to pass, say at least 4-5, before you really start to get out from under it.   Needless to say the background investigators are going to talk to the ex.

Careers: Police

Jason Grabill