Careers: Police/Peace order?

I was given a peace order in 2011 that lasted 6 months cause an issue in a break up. I'm an active duty cop I the Air Force but want to become a state trooper in my home state. Could that keep me from becoming a trooper?

The answer is 'probably'.   It's going to depend on the state, and more importantly, the reason the order was issued, and the conditions of it.   But it's not going to look good in any case, and be prepared for several years for this to pass, say at least 4-5, before you really start to get out from under it.   Needless to say the background investigators are going to talk to the ex.

Careers: Police

Jason Grabill

General Maryland Law Enforcement, Maryland Law & Traffic Law, the Court System. How to start the process to become a Police Officer, different Police careers, the Interview process, General Police career questions

18 Years experience as a local and Federal Police officer. In addition to working "the road", I've worked as an Academy Instructor, Law Digest Compiler for Police Department, Community Policing coordinator, Department Gang officer, Bike Patrol Officer, and Advanced Accident Investigator. I've also served on the SWAT/SRT team, and currently work for the Department of Army Police (Federal Civilian) at Fort Detrick, Frederick Md, as a Sergeant. I'm Certified as a Police and Emergency Medical dispatcher through the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch.

Police Marksman Association Fraternal Order of Police

South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Prince Georges County Maryland Municipal Police Academy, Western Maryland Police Academy
Radar, Portable Breath Test, PR-24 Police Baton, ASP, Police Mountain Bike Certified. Maryland Police Training Commission Basic Instructor Certified. CALEA Certified Field Training Officer (FTO), Advanced Criminal Investigator School, Advanced Crash Investigator School, National Academies of Emergency Dispatch Certified Emergency Police Dispatch, Emergency Medical Dispatch, Emergency Telecommunications Operator.

Police Officer of the Year, Prince Georges County Municipal Police Chiefs Association (1995).
City of District Heights Police Officer of the Year, 1995.
Distinguished Service Cross for Valor, 1995 (National Association Chiefs of Police).